London’s first free, shared electric bike scheme, open Camden up to riders to end trips today following exceptional demand for the pilot scheme in Islington last month.
This is further evidence of a shift in travel preferences post lockdown, with 3,000 users registered in only two weeks and with an average trip of 32 minutes, far exceeding the pre-covid average of around 20 minutes.
In order to continue to meet this demand, 1,000 additional e-bikes will be rolled out across London in the coming months. Bookending the city with outer London boroughs to help solve people’s transport challenges.
With public transport unlikely to return to normal for the foreseeable future, HumanForest offers a fun, healthy and sustainable alternative way to move around the city. It provides twenty free minutes daily (approximately the time it takes to cycle 5 kilometres across London), and then costs just £0.12p per minute. There is no unlocking fee and users can pause their ride, parking the e-bike for up to 23 hours.
HumanForest e-bikes are high quality; electric, dockless, zero-emission and powered by renewable energy. The e-bikes can reach up to 15mph, are GPS-tracked and are locked and unlocked exclusively via the HumanForest App.
Co-founder, Caroline Seton, said, “getting around has changed significantly for Londoners. HumanForest was conceived as a ‘last mile’ solution but, with the focus on improving health and maintaining social distancing, we’ve seen a huge uptake in cycling which has led us to speed up our roll out. Providing a healthy and safe transport option for Londoner’s is a core aim of ours and launching in Camden is another step in delivering this for the whole City.”
Download the App via the App Store or Google Play, create an account and then start riding.
The HumanForest vision is one of accessible and inclusive mobility, backed by corporate partnerships. With the offering of free minutes and no unlocking fee, it is a movement that all Londoners can be part of. By opting to make their daily journey on a HumanForest e-bike, Londoners signal their commitment to reducing their carbon footprint and improving our city’s air quality. Working together they become, in essence, a Human Forest.
The HumanForest e-bike features:
• Electric – Integrated electric pedal-assist speeds up short journeys and opens up new, longer journeys. The electric assist responds to the effort of the rider, giving a boost when pedalling but slowing down like a push bike when you stop pedalling.
• Geo-fence technology – Users will only be able to lock their e-bike and end their ride within permitted parking zones.
• Phone mount – Smartphones can be attached securely to the handlebars for useful turn-by-turn navigation.
• Swappable battery – Swappable battery packs are charged remotely and replaced as needed by the HumanForest team. Each charge covers up to 80km and the batteries themselves last for over 5 years.
• Internal engine – Central engine improves energy consumption and contributes to a lighter, more efficient e-bike.
• Internal lock – All powered via your phone, no physical e-bike lock and unlock function.
• Made to last – The e-bike is designed and made for sharing, using sturdy, durable materials.